Friday 6 July 2012

A couple of Blue & White floral


I love  creating flowery cards & blue & white is one of my favourite colourways.  I have been experimenting with texture & dimension in these two.



To create the base I inked the inside of an embossing folder with tumbled glass distress ink and ran it through the big shot.  To create the frame I used spellbinders lattice rectangle die and then cut the inner with a craft knife as I don't have the right size of die, a little fiddly & not quite perfect.  I have used the fanciful flourish from Cheery Lynn and punched and shaped flowers cut with a Martha Stewart flower punch.  Added pale blue gems for the flower centres.


Another blue & white, this time even more subtle shades.




This time a smaller card A6 size.  I have layered cardstock in pale blue and white, the white was embossed using the Cuttlebug swiss dots folder.  Frame created using nestabilities petite ovals, both scalloped & plain.  Flowers have again been punched using Martha Steward punch and have been shaped with an embossing tool.  I added a hint of tumbled glass distress ink to the centre for a very subtle look.  The flowers have been added again to the Cheery Lynn fanciful flourish for a very simple elegant look.



No comments:

Post a Comment